Thursday, January 28, 2010

Goal Update

So I am on week 2 of my goal of losing weight and eating healthy. I have lost 6 lbs (which is a pretty good start). 44 to go! I haven't weighed in this week, but I will try to tomorrow. I haven't worked out much this week bc both Zay and I have had a cold. Also, my grandma baked me a strawberry cake with strawberry icing (MY FAVE) and I do confess to having a couple pieces....BUT now I am back on track. :) I have learned a couple things about myself this week. I eat sometimes when I am upset or avoiding something overwhelming. (like 5 loads of laundry) I never realized I did this, so I am going to pay more attention. I seem to be quite the sweet tea addict. I have missed it and thought longingly of sweet tea at least a few times a day. BTW, tea with splenda is just not the same so don't even suggest it! ;) I also expect to have something sweet every night after dinner. I don't know when this happened but I am trying to change my mindset. I don't NEED sweets. I did make some whole wheat chocolate chip cookies the other night. They were 110 calories each, which is much better than your avg cookie plus they were delicious. My husband has been very helpful; not complaining about the lack of sweet tea or soda and downed 4 choc chip cookies right away( he said that was how many it took to begin forgetting they were wheat). He even memorized every word to the "30 day shred" and says what Jillian is gonna say before it comes out of her mouth, which is oh so helpful. (not!) Thanks for all of ya'll's help and advice!

1 comment:

wonderfulwinfreys said...

I'm glad the diet/exercise is working! I tend to expect something sweet after dinner, too...especially if I don't drink soda/tea during the day. Keep up the good work. I'm joining you on Monday :)