Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Goal

I would like to lose weight.... like 50 lbs....I know, I know that's a lot and is pretty unrealistic. But I have to. I can't continue to gain weight or stay at my current weight. None of my clothes fit. Here's the problem, I love to workout. I went to the gym several times a week before Azaylee was born for dance and yoga classes. Why is that a problem you might ask? Because even if I work out 7 days a week, I never seem to lose weight. I have lost weight once in my life. It was when I was doing weight watchers and running on a treadmill hardcore. I can't afford Weight Watchers...AND I have no idea when to go the gym now that Azaylee's around. When she first came home from the hospital I was going to the gym after her 4AM feeding, but that was SO exhausting. I am also a fairly healthy eater. Sweet tea is probably my main problem. I am considering using my Christmas money to purchase Wii fit, Wii Biggest Loser game, the 30 day shred, pay for some weeks of Weight Watchers or anything else that would work. Why should you care? Because maybe something has worked for you. Maybe you know the secrets? Or maybe if I post this on my blog I will magically lose weight? :) I don't know. It's worth a try. Any suggestions?

My dear husband said to eat lots of sour patch kids. Oh and don't forget the Coke and nutty bars. So N-O-T Fair!

2 comments:

wonderfulwinfreys said...

I've been thinking of posting a similar post on my blog all week. Last week, I worked out (I bought a Dancing With the Stars Workout DVD) and I only ate steamed vegetables and lean meat. I GAINED 4 POUNDS! I had a nice long cry today when I stepped on the scales. I've been having nice long cries about my weight about every other day for the past few months. It's gotten so bad that I will usually stay home and let Russ run errands. I've gotten very self conscious about it and I just don't even want to leave the house anymore which is scary. Unfortunately, I have no answers for you...I'm in the same boat. And I have no idea what to do. Nothing seems to work. I'm going to try that awful 6week body makeover diet where you eat tons of meat and rice (yuck) again starting tomorrow. It worked for me a few years ago. Russ just said we should do a competition (I said NO Way, she'll beat me so bad!), but if you need a partner who you can check in with...maybe we could check in together and try to encourage each other or something. I feel pretty lost about the whole thing. I've been trying to lose 30-40 lbs for a year now and I just keep gaining. I've tried everything. I think the Wii sounds like a fun idea (I was kinda hoping Russ would pick a Wii over an Xbox because of the fit and workout stuff). Just believe me when I say, I know how you feel and I know what it's like to work so hard and see no results so you're not alone! I love you so much and think you're gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Oh Ashley...I SO understand! I'm working really hard at it too, and get discouraged often. Here's one thing to keep in mind though. Not sure if you're nursing Azaylee, but it was always much harder for me to lose weight when I was nursing. I know they say you burn more calories, but if you're like me, you're hungry ALL THE TIME...and salad didn't cut it. So, give youself a little grace there. One thing that has really worked well for me is Weight Watchers. I don't pay for it anymore...I'm doing it at home, but I've gone to meetings long enough to hang of it. My sis-in-law will commit to going to the meetings for 2 months to get on track and then do it at home...not terribly expensive that way. The other thing that has been kicking my tail (in a good way) is the 30 Day Shred. It's just 20 mins, but I'm definitely working hard! I've also heard really good things about EA Sports for wii. I know several ppl who have lost weight with that. Walking with a friend is probably my favorite form of exercise. I like getting out of the house!

But absolutely, positively know that you're BEAUTIFUL...regardless of the number on the scale. You're a blessing to your husband and little girl and that echos into eternity. And it just takes awhile to even start feeling normal after a baby...as I'm sure you know. :)