Monday, October 27, 2008

Camping at Linville Falls

We left Saturday and went to Linville Falls! The leaves were beautiful, and during the day it was the perfect weather. We drove around looking for a place to camp and found a site at Linville Falls Campground. The first day we hiked up some of the trails at the falls....and then drove forever to find a grocery store to buy some hot dogs to grill. That night we made a fire, and froze! It was so cold. I'm glad we didn't wait any longer to go camping or we probably wouldn't have made it. It seems like we woke up every hour trying to adjust the blankets all around us and adding more clothing to stay warm. Sunday, we got up and went to Linville Caverns. We went on a field trip there together in middle school so it was fun to go and actually see it again. Afterwards, we went to Table Rock and hiked up. I don't think I realized how out of shape I am, bc this moderate trail really did me in. ( I'm gonna have to add some hills to my workout routine =D)I kept falling off the slippery wet rocks and having to stop and take breaks. I was pretty disappointed in myself, but finally made it to the top. The hike was well worth it for the beautiful view! Overall, we had a great getaway weekend. Thanks Audrey and Kyle for letting us borrow your packs and cool camping stuff....and thanks Mom and Dad for the tent and tarp!



Our Campsite


You can tell how cold it is by how red my face is!


hangin' by the campfire



Yes, Aaron burnt one of his identical pairs of fave shoes. I was shocked.



Linville Caverns

Aaron at Table Rock

The view from the top

Aaron was quite the daredevil.

...again

Resting after the hike up Table Rock

Beautiful Leaves!

2 comments:

joshuncc said...

When Brooke and I went camping a month ago it was cold enough that she ended up leaving her sleeping bag to come to mine (body heat works well when you are freezing). I never know that two people could fit into a mummy sack!

Aaron, next time wear something a little heavier than a long-sleeve t-shirt....you'll probably be a little warmer if you do!

Anonymous said...

Hey aaron so much for erasing our carbon footprints huh? Looks like you just sealed yours with that fire...

I'm glad you guys had fun and your welcome for the stuff..