Friday, October 10, 2008

God is faithful

Well, this week the Lord has been busy working on me. I have trouble sometimes staying in the word and having regular quiet times. I just don't have a strong desire for the Bible alot of times and tend to have a bad attitude about it. I have been praying for God to work on me in this way and to help me see my constant need for him....and boy does he answer prayer. This week I have been reading scripture about waiting and rejoicing. There is a specific area of my life right now, that I am struggling in with waiting, lacking patience and joy. I feel like over and over God has pointed me to scripture about having joy and trusting Him in waiting, I was just too busy and selfish to realize it. So one part that stuck out to me this week was Psalm 37: 3-5:
3 Trust in the Lord, and do good;dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness.
4 Delight yourself in the Lord,and he will give you the desires of your heart.
5 Commit your way to the Lord;trust in him, and he will act.
Wow. Also, we went to see Fireproof this week and felt like this pointed directly to Christ. It was a great movie and I strongly recommend it. It was a great refresher of what marriage should look like and about the gift of salvation that needs to be shared with so many.
I dont drive very often since I work from home, but it seems as though everytime I get in the car I hear this song on the radio. I put the lyrics below, I couldnt seem to upload the video. I feel like the lyrics really hit home....I could really use His eyes to see the needs around me and not just in my little world.
Give Me Your Eyes
by Brandon Heath
Looked down from a broken sky
Traced out by the city lights
My world from a mile high
Best seat in the house tonight
Touched down on the cold black tile
Hold on for the sudden stop
Breath in the familiar shock
Of confusion and chaos
All those people going somewhere?
Why have I never cared?
Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me your love for humanity
Give me your arms for the broken hearted
The ones that are far beyond my reach
Give me your heart for the once forgotten
Give me your eyes so I can see
Step out on a busy street
See a girl and our eyes meet
Does her best to smile at me
To hide whats underneath
Theres a man just to her right
Black suit and a bright red tie
Too ashamed to tell his wife
Hes out of work
Hes buying time
all those people going somewhere? Why have I never cared?

1 comment:

Campbell said...

Thanks for sharing your heart, Ash. I think contentment is something we ladies always struggle with, but isn't it good to know that we don't do the real fighting because HE already defeated the Enemy! So we must rest in His good care, timing, and work in and for us. (not always easy!) It's good to know to that he's not waiting around for us to get it together! I know I never would be able to!

love ya, girl, miss you,
Em