Friday, October 24, 2008

Our New Hobby

Recently, Aaron and I have gotten very interested in cake decorating. I have no idea why, I am still shocked that Aaron agreed to spend hours piping decorator's icing and making chocolate molds, nonetheless, it is our new hobby. This is our first official cake. We made it for our sister-in-law's baby shower. We think it turned out quite nice for our first. We made a star shaped cake, b/c it is the theme of the baby's nursery stuff. We also made baby booties out of marshmallows. Then we made blocks with the letters HAWK on them. The baby is due in less than a week. His name will be Andrew Hawthorne Forsyth, but called Hawk for short. I am getting pretty excited about our first nephew's arrival!!



Other than cake decorating, there is not much going on. This past weekend we got to go and see our family while we were in Wingate for the shower. We had a very good time, but were glad to get home! Those weekends are always packed with tons of events and visiting, so it can be exhausting. We also went out for coffee at one of my fave coffee shops, La Vida Mocha. We got to see Aaron's family, my parents and grandma, Mike and Audra, and we went to Midway ( our old church) Sunday morning!


This past week my work schedule changed alot! I am now keeping a 4 month old part time, and cut back on my hours at Great Direct. It is so much fun. I didn't realize how much I missed working with children.


This weekend we are going camping! This will be the first time in almost a year and a half since we have gone on vacation together, just the 2 of us. I am so excited. I hope we don't freeze!

1 comment:

joshuncc said...

Yay, cake decorating!