Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Home Sweet Home

For the majority of the 2 1/2 years we have been married, we have been very busy people. We both worked full time, Aaron was in college full time, and I was in school part time.....In the last week I have realized, wow, I dont know how we did all that, and kept the house together, and had a social, church, and family life. The whole time we were going through these motions, I could not wait to be at home more and to spend more time with Aaron. We prayed that this would be financially possible......and now it seems like it is coming together more and more all the time. I am working from home now, making phone calls for Great Direct Concepts and nannying on the side. I love it! God really answers prayer! He has given Aaron a great job at UNCC that allows for me to be home more. It used to seem like I would miss out on a lot of things, and never had a flexible schedule with working in daycares, but now when I get a call to do or help with something I am able to go! I am so much happier and less stressed than I used to be. Some nights when Aaron gets home from work at 5:00 pm, it kinda feels like what do we do now? It is wonderful to get that time when we dont have to do anything, but enjoy being home together. The Lord is wonderful to provide our needs and wants. I think about how a year ago, I was concerned that Aaron would not be able to find a job, wondered where we would live at, and if I would ever get to see my husband more often...and now it seems crazy that I was concerned when God is in complete control and sees the "big picture", not just what my eyes can see.

3 comments:

Anne said...

I'm SO glad the Lord has blessed you with the answer to your prayers! It is wonderful to store up these stories of His faithfulness for times down the road when you are again tempted to wonder if He will "come through":) He has always blessed David and I so much more then I expect and I imagine you will find the same to be true!

*audie* said...

Yes you are way less stressed & your alot happier! I LOVE THAT! {it's a perk for me too!} ;) my little actually!

Campbell said...

I'm so glad God is breathing his goodness on you and making life sunnier! Being home is such a blessing. As girls we feel that calling i think. You do seem more cheerful than before and who wounldn't be with a new kitchen!i'm sort of kidding. :)