Friday, September 5, 2008

As Good As New.......

This old baker's rack was out in someone's yard in the neighborhood. Kasey and I went over and asked the people if I could buy it from them, and they told me just to take it. They were going to throw it away! Aaron approved of the item,(of course, it was free) and we decided to paint it and make a nice little addition to our kitchen. Here are the before and after shots. We really liked how it turned out after all the black and red paint. I also included a shot of Speckles, the stray cat, that is still around and doing well. She has been coined our "outside cat" so I guess we get to keep her. =)







4 comments:

*audie* said...

WOW!! That rack looks good! Now you've got alot more counter space! Where'd you move the pillows & bench to?

Speckle is so CUTE!!! Can't wait to meet him!

Miss your face!

Ashley said...

Thanks! We moved the coke bench over to the wall in the "breakfast area that leads into the laundry room...the short wall that backs up to living room.....You are gonna love specs

The Nilsen Nest said...

Very cute! You guys did a great job! I'm not sure if we've ever been introduced before :) Glad you know who I am. Guess we have at least one thing in common, fixer upper kitchens!

Campbell said...

Nice! Well done. Don't you just LOVE free???