Monday, March 9, 2009

Litchfield Beach- Marriage Retreat


We had a wonderful time at the beach this weekend! We were able to see alot of our old friends from Midway, Mike and Audra, and spend time with Aaron's parents. The weather was beautiful. It seemed like such a short weekend! We never even made it down to the beach. With all the sessions, raquetball, eating yummy food, swimming and just hanging out in our room, we stayed pretty busy. I forgot to take a single picture, luckily my father-in-law snapped these 2 of us in our room the first day. During the sessions we talked about the five love languages, accepting differences in personalities in marriages, and how to glorify God through your marriage. It was very encouraging and refreshing to spend some time with Aaron and remember the purpose for our marriage.
On Sunday when we got back, the whole family( minus Drew :( ) went to Chili's for dinner to celebrate Ason's, Aaron's youngest brother, return from basic training. He just got back and will be leaving for Iraq in the not so distant future along with Aaron's oldest brother, Andrew. It was nice to spend time with all the family, but it seems strange that we won't be seeing either of the two for close to a year :(. Hopefully, we will get to see them one more time before they officially leave for Iraq.
We also went to see my parents while we were in Wingate. It seems like I hardly see them anymore! We brought our ultrasound pics and got to visit with them for a little while. Its always wonderful to walk into the log cabin; the smell of the wood reminds me of so many memories!
I guess thats all for now ;)


1 comment:

wonderfulwinfreys said...

I'm glad you had a good weekend retreat! It's so nice to see pics of you! I don't think I've seen any since Christmas. Your hair looks so cute in these! I know you are coming next week (YAY!)but after that, you have to promise to put weekly pics of you up so that I don't miss you so much! Love ya!