Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Its always hard to come up with titles for random posts

My appointment is a week from yesterday =) I am getting so excited. After talking to the doctor last week, I found out that I will get an ultrasound next week for sure and get to hear the heartbeat. I will be so glad to finally get some of my questions answered and feel like this really is real. Each week seems like a huge accomplishment. It's kinda strange to think about. I am trying not to be fearful or worry about my baby. I know the Lord is sovereign over this whole situation, I just have been surprised with how often I find myself thinking about everything that could go wrong. Please be praying for me about this.

Next weekend we are going to Litchfield Beach and Golf Resort for a marriage retreat with couples from the church we used to go to. We are REALLY looking forward to this. We went a couple years ago and had so much fun. I'm sure there will be pictures afterwards, if I don't forget to take them. I seem to forget everything now!

We went to Ikea last night for the first time! What an awesome store! We found all kinds of cool ideas for things to do in our house and it all seems pretty affordable. I can't wait to go back when I have more time and money to shop.

We are finally bringing Speckles to Forsyth County to get fixed tomorrow. We called the Charlotte Humane Society and their first available appt was for June 11th. That seemed like a long time to have to listen to Speckle's mating calls at the front windows, so we decided to call around and find somewhere else to bring her.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

I'm not sure about the drive to Forsyth County, but our vet is in Indian Trail, near the newest Walmart. Its Mercy Animal Hospital and I highly recommend them to any and everyone! Its a husband and wife vet team and they are so sweet! It wasn't very long to get Asher fixed and they are very thorough! It may be too late to cancel, but for future appts seriously consider Mercy...they are Christians and prayed for Asher last week with his surgery and such! Good luck!

Anne said...

Ashley! I didn't know you are pregnant! Congratulations!!!!! Kate is an October baby. It's a wonderful time of year to have a baby:) I will be praying for you and the healthy of little baby Forsyth!

Jeanie said...

Glad to hear things are going well with your pregnancy. I know I've said it before, but I am SO, SO excited for you!! I'll keep checking back for more updates :)