Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Cat Named Abby

Ever since Aaron and I got married I have wanted a cat. I have dreamed of a cat, and begged
for a cat, and looked for cats on craigslist, and petted them at Petsmart. Aaron has always said
"As soon as we get a house, we will get a cat".......
I grew up out in the country where we had "barn-cats", this meant that at some points in my childhood, we had up to 20 cats/kittens living out at the barn. Everyday, I played with my kittens. I am an absolute cat-lover, so wonderfully, we were able to get a beautiful cat from Aaron's brother, Andrew and his wife, Regina. They are having a baby in October and decided to get rid of "Abby." She is a great, white, fluffy cat that is very well-behaved and friendly. I LOVE having her around. Just a couple days after we got Abby , a little kitten showed up on our doorstep. She is little, and cute...and homeless. Aaron did not want me to feed her, and wanted to "drop her off on the other side of the neighborhood" to "die there, and not in our yard." I cried ALOT over this. Aaron finally gave in and said I could feed her, and find her a home somewhere else. I understand that Aaron got me my cat, and he wants 1 not 2, but this cat is sooo cute. I have named her "Speckle" =) (trying not to get too attached) and she has become my buddy. So basically, Speckles is not allowed to stay, but I wanted to post a picture to show her cuteness.....besides, maybe he'll change his mind.


Abby =)

Speckles!


Our flower beds are looking a little better, although I don't really know what I am doing.

Living Room

Kitchen filled with Coke stuff

"Reading Area?"


My favorite, the dining room

dining room

2 comments:

*audie* said...

I want to meet this Speckle character! Maybe we'll come up in the next couple of weekends or ::shocker!:: if the house is clean..you come to us! ;) Maybe Aaron will change his mind....

Aaron said...

Speckles is still around. Shes ok, but I think shes two-timing. Her belly is a lot bigger than the amount we feed her and she disappears sometimes.