Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My Thoughts Lately...

There are babies everywhere. Everyone we know seems to be pregnant or has just had a baby. Anyone that has been married through the 2 year mark, i'm sure knows all the questions that follow.......everyone asks about babies. So when will it be your turn? and What are you waiting for?......My answers have changed throughout our marriage....Once Aaron graduates....Once we buy a house.....Once we are financially stable.....Once we enjoy some time together.......Once Aaron has a good job. All these things have happened and I have officially run out of reasons. The answer is I dont know when we will have kids....I do have baby fever with this new nephew and all the little babies around....but it is obviously not the right time yet. It will happen in God's timing and in the meantime, we are rejoicing in Him for this time without kids.

Psalms 27:14 Wait for the Lord; Be strong, and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Ashley,
I know how difficult this is! Josh and I have been married 7 years and still get asked that question. Luckily, the frequency is a lot less. Don't let it bother you, I know this is easier said than done. Remember, God is in control! I'll be praying for you and the situation!

The Nilsen Nest said...

Amen sister! So good to finally "meet" you on Sunday! Your heart is in the right place. Having a baby is amazing but spending this sweet short season with your husband is so sweet as well! Your time will come, probably sooner than you think! Our God is an awesome one!